Southern Guitar Festival & Competition (Sept. 30th – Oct. 1st)
Saturday, September 30th
- 9:00 a.m. – check-in lobby at the School of Music
- 9:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. – Division I competitions are NOT open to the public.
- 10:30-11:15 a.m. – Division III competitions (room 168)
- 11:40 a.m.-2:00 p.m. – Division II competitions, open to the public with the festival pass (Watson Hall)
- 2:00 p.m. – “Guitar Making Demonstration and Workshop” by Waddy Thomson (room 167)
- 3:00 p.m. – “History of Romantic Guitar”-presentation by George Thomas (room 167)
- 4:00 p.m. – “Confidence and Composure: Redefining Competition Preparation for Maximized Results on the Stage.” – presentation by award-winning guitarist Leonela Alejandro (room 168)
- 5:00 p.m. – “Fundraising & Project Execution” presentation by Mak Grgic.(room 167)
- 7:30 p.m. – concert by Diego FIGUEIREDO at Watson Hall
Sunday, October 1st
- 10:00 a.m. – Finals Division I, open to the public. (Watson Hall)
- 12:00 p.m. – “Brazilian Jazz Guitar (arrangements, concepts, scales, chord progressions)” presentation by Diego Figueiredo (room 167)
- 2:00 p.m. – Concert by Leonela Alejandro (Watson Hall) (!!!The concert time was moved to an earlier time from the original schedule!!!)
- 5:00 p.m. – Award Ceremony (Watson Hall)
- Dinner at The Quiet Pint link
The Dining Hall (link) serves continuously on Saturday and Sunday
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m – Breakfast & Lunch
- 2-4:30 p.m. – Light Dinner
- 4:30-7 p.m. – Dinner
The Dining Hall only accepts credit or debit cards.
*Concert tickets are $32 USD – $42 USD for the general public; concert tickets are included with the All-Access Pass.
*Events are open to ALL ACCESS ticketholders and competitors.
Attendees must purchase an All-Access Pass ($100) to attend all events.
Competitors’ parents/guardians must purchase an All-Access Pass to attend the events, including the competition rounds. Complimentary All-Access Passes are provided for registered competitors (one per competitor) and all UNCSA students (students must present their student ID).
Purchase your All-Access Pass here.
Google map link