Free choice program for all divisions.
Due to COVID-19 regulations, all competitions will be virtual this year.
The registration deadline for all solo competitors is June 1st, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (New York Time).
- Register and pay for the Competition.
- Record a live, unedited RECENT (dated between March-May of 2020) performance video as a single take using mobile devices such as a cell phone or tablet (external microphones are allowed) or a photo camera with the following specifications:
- Place the mobile device 6-8 feet directly in front of you, so that your entire torso and hands can be clearly seen.
- At the beginning of the recording, clearly announce your name, the date of your recording, and the pieces that you will perform. Again, this should be part of an unedited, single take.
- Upload the video to YouTube with the following specifications:
- In the description of the video, write your name or your ensemble name, the date of your recording, and the pieces that you will perform.
- Title the video in the format “First Name Last Name”, ex. “John Smith”.
- Set the privacy setting of the video to Unlisted.
- Test the YouTube link in an “incognito” or “private” browser window to ensure it works.
- Send an email to [email protected] with the following specifications:
- Subject line: the full name of the competitor (as registered) and the division
- Body: link to the YouTube video
- All the winners of the final round will be announced online (via Facebook, emails, and website) on June 14th.
For more detailed rules for each division, click the appropriate image below.
Our judges this year are: Yameng Wang, Rovshan Mamedkuliev, Rene Izquierdo, Emma Rush, Douglas James, Christophe Teves, Will Adams, Scott Borg, Marco Sartor, Adam Kossler, Todd Tippton, Payton Harkins, Austin Wahl.
What our judges are looking for:
Good stage presence
All judges’ decisions are final.
All prizes subject to mandatory 30% federal tax withholding for foreign prize-winners; US prize-winners may be issued an IRS-W9.
All prize amounts are subject to change.