This summer, the Southern Guitar Festival will host a series of workshops for young guitar teachers interested in building pedagogically-successful studios.
Each online workshop will be open to only 12 participants. The first 2 workshops will be taught by Dr. Joseph Palmer and Mia Pomerantz-Amaral. Each workshop will last 1 hour and will offer practical, hands-on advice for working with beginner students.
On July 7 at 2 PM EST, Dr. Joseph Palmer will cover topics such as:
- Becoming an excellent teacher and producing great students
- Making music with your students from the first lesson
- Building a foundation of proper technique and practice habits
- Sequencing of technique and repertoire
- Nurturing intrinsic motivation and cultivating a love for music
On July 9 at 2 PM EST, Mia Pomerantz-Amaral will host a workshop focused on teaching kids/beginners:
- Involving parents
- Setting short/long term goals and expectations
- Positioning hands and posture
- Using books, games, and props
- Building patience and care
Please register below. The registration deadline is July 5th!