Due to COVID-19 regulations, all Ensemble (college/ professional and youth) competitions will be virtual this year. All solo competitions are scheduled to be held in-person on September 25-26,2021 at the North Carolina School of the Arts.
The registration deadline for all Ensemble competitors was extended to May 3rd, 2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (New York Time).
- Record a live, unedited performance video as a single take.
- Upload the video to YouTube with the following specifications:
- In the description of the video, write your name and your ensemble name, the date of your recording, and the pieces that you will perform.
- Set the privacy setting of the video to Unlisted.
- Competitors from China may upload to Bilibili instead of YouTube.
- Test the YouTube link in an “incognito” or “private” browser window to ensure it works.
- Register and pay for the Competition and include your YouTube link in the registration form.
- The semifinals results will be announced on the Festival’s Facebook page and via email by May 10th. Seven groups will be selected to compete in the semifinals. These seven ensembles will be asked to send a new (unedited) video recording of one music work (check time limit for your group), and submit it by June 1st. The semifinalists’ videos will be streamed online on June 10th. Three ensemble winners will be announced on June 13th by social media and email.
Free choice program for all divisions. For more detailed rules for each division, click the appropriate image below.
What our judges are looking for:
Good stage presence
All judges’ decisions are final.
All prizes subject to mandatory 30% federal tax withholding for foreign prize-winners; US prize-winners may be issued an IRS-W9.
All prize amounts are subject to change.