This summer, the Southern Guitar Festival will host a series of workshops.
Our first series Teaching How to Teach was produced in June and featured Dr. Joseph Palmer and Mia Pomerantz-Amaral.
Our teaching artists covered such topics as:
- Becoming an excellent teacher and producing great students
- Making music with your students from the first lesson
- Building a foundation of proper technique and practice habits
- Sequencing of technique and repertoire
- Nurturing intrinsic motivation and cultivating a love for music
- Involving parents
- Setting short/long term goals and expectation
- Positioning hands and posture
- Using books, games, and props
- Building patience and care
Our upcoming workshop series in August will discuss issues associated with focal dystonia and injury prevention. We will feature internationally recognized musician Roman Viazovskiy (August 7th) and the eminent New York-based guitarist, composer, and teacher David Leisner (August 4th).
David Leisner will present his innovative ideas and methods he discovered on his way to complete recovery.
David Leisner’s workshop is SOLD OUT!
Roman Viazovskiy will share his observations and inspiring revelations he made while dealing with focal dystonia condition.
All proceeds from Roman’s Viazovskiy’s workshops will be donated to the Southern Guitar Festival (a nonprofit organization).
Both workshops will take place via Zoom from 2:00 p.m. -3:30 p.m. Eastern Time (NY time).
If you would like to attend the upcoming workshops please register below.
The registration deadline for Roman Viazovskiy’s workshop is Thursday, August 6th!
The workshop fee is $20.
To register and pay by credit card, click this link. Otherwise, to use PayPal, use the form below.